Tuesday, February 19, 2013

My Take On e.e. cummings

I love you much (most beautiful darling), more than words can say.
But these things you keep telling me- they urge me to stay away.
Who pays any attention to the sick suggestions in your mind?
When you smile and touch and laugh with her- I see it all the time.
I have finally found what you are like, and there’s nothing about what I see
That says you’re a good person, or that you’re who you make yourself out to be.
It may not always be so, and I say what’s been lurking behind your smile
Is just another dastardly bastard looking to hurt and defile
If you lie and say you love me, I’ll know there’s nothing left to do
Because it was wrong of me to ever love someone like you.

1 comment:

  1. Dastardly bastard, indeed. What a great term. I like how you used all the inspiration lines and wrote something vehement and powerful. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete