Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Picture Poetry

Sometimes, if you just hold it in, it makes life that much better. You don’t feel as overwhelmed as you did before. In fact, you feel a little lost. But not really. You know in your heart of hearts that you’ll find your way back eventually. Or at least, you hope to god that you do. Right now you have to focus on what your feelings really look like. What you mean when you say those petty phrases- I love. I hate. I feel. Good. Great, in fact. What were you so upset about in the first place? You know (even deeper in that heart of hearts) that this flows from you. You are not the creator, nor do your ideas and opinions matter. You are simply the conduct. Some sort of unknown celestial passageway to that deep ocean of emotion you know everyone feels. The rage and frustration comes from not knowing which shade can show your darkest hour. Or what tint tells your fairytale. The sorrow is when you give up.

Sometimes
if you just hold it in
it makes life that much better.
You don’t feel as overwhelmed as you did before.
In fact, you feel a little lost. But not really.
You know in your heart of hearts that you’ll find your way back eventually.
Or at least, you hope to god that you do.
Right now you have to focus on what your feelings really look like.
What you mean when you say those petty phrases- I love. I hate. I feel-
 Good. Great, in fact.
What were you so upset about in the first place?
You know (even deeper in that heart of hearts) that this flows from you.
You are not the creator, nor do your ideas and opinions matter.
You are simply the conduct.
Some sort of unknown celestial passageway to that deep ocean of emotion you know everyone feels.
The rage and frustration comes from not knowing which shade can show your darkest hour.
Or what tint tells your fairytale.
The sorrow is when you give up.

2 comments:

  1. Such a provocative question: What tint tells your fairytale? I'm a fan of the phrase "heart of hearts," too...makes a feeling more authentic, more deeply experienced, truer somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has to be my favorite piece by you!

    ReplyDelete