Lindsey Stirling
1. The video gives me a kind of laid-back Sunday thrift store shopping feeling.
2. The dancing adds a bit more passion to the music Stirling is performing. It makes it seem like the music is bursting out of her.
3. The music makes me feel happy, like I'm literally moving forward or going on an adventure.
4. This music makes me think of the blue lady in The Fifth Element, when they mix opera and club beats to produce a brand new type of music.
5. Wow. Well, the story itself is very interesting to me. I think to dance that way takes a lot of energy, practice, and determination. She was right with the orchestra as well, and that takes some serious skill and reaction time. I was also especially impressed by how the dancer made it appear that she was almost a corpse dancing, I can only imagine how much work she put into that.
Igor Stravinsky
Igor Stravinsky
6. I'm not really sure what type of performance I was expecting from this ballet. I definitely wasn't expecting it to be so dark and scary, that's for sure!
7. It's kind of hard to say what music is counter-culture, because it seems like people try to make unpopular things popular. Everyone just wants to be unique, so they will latch onto whatever genre or style they know isn't so trendy. Eventually those things do become trendy, and the 'hipsters' just move on to something else no one likes, and it repeats.
8. I think the music that expresses me the best is 'hardcore' music with maybe a bit of harmony, simply because that's the best way to describe the way my emotions are, and how they whiplash.
9/ I was really surprised by rap and hip-hop. I used to refuse to even listen to rap, but I've come to realize the skill, talent, and passion involved. With the good stuff, anyway.


Emotional whiplash...sounds like a promising topic...for maybe a poem???
ReplyDelete