Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Idioms, in the form of what I assume a dog might feel sometimes.

·         To be put on the back burner
·         Driving me insane
·         Apple of my eye
·         To add fuel to the fire

It’s driving him insane every time you ignore him.
He was once the apple of your eye, but now you have a new one.
Not only have you put him on the back burner,
You’re just adding fuel to the fire.
He watches, he waits.
For the moment when you,
His master
Abandon your love life for a trusted friend
One to keep the demons inside from coming out
Because (unlike her) it’s his job to love you no matter what
And it’s time to get to work.

1 comment:

  1. I love these lines: "Because (unlike her) it’s his job to love you no matter what/
    And it’s time to get to work." I feel so bad when I ignore my sweet dog (in favor of tv, chores, iPad, etc. rather than another dog) and even worse when he just forgives me.

    ReplyDelete