Monday, January 14, 2013

Dreams Thread


…She lay down on the floor of the house, sort of curled up into a ball because there was nothing to hang on to. The cracks began to blossom like spider webs beneath my feet. I jumped from one disintegrating platform to the next, trying to move my way closer to her, to save her, and was only a few feet away when the main support beam of the house snapped. The ceiling came tumbling down in chunks around us. She screamed one of those blood curdling screams, her mouth a round “O” of terror as the monsters razor-like claws move up through the earth and snaked their way towards her. I try even more desperately to get to her before those hideous talons do, but as their sharp shadows fall over her, I realize I can’t save her…

3 comments:

  1. Eeks! Some scary imagery here...nice details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey again! Thanks for making such an effort to comment on your classmates' blogs...Your comments are kind and specific and I appreciate you taking the time to show your classmates they have been heard.

    ReplyDelete