1. Music does so many things for me- I can be having the worst day ever, but if I have my music, I can get through it. It’s almost like my headphones are my shield and sanctuary form my life. I think everyone needs a few minutes every now and then to let themselves get absorbed into their music. Music offers happy feelings after a sad day, or maybe a little calm to a hectic week. You can listen to any song, and that song can transport you to any emotion you want it to. Each person associates different things with different songs, so really, it’s up to you.
2. Sunsets Are For Muggings: This is for the kids who ain't got no soul. Never think twice, got nowhere to go. This is for the pills that never f**king work, but it's hard to see blood on a black t-shirt. They'll never understand because they were understood. An 'open minded' fake in a bright white coat. Tell me what you wanna know about my bleeding f**king heart. I'll pass all your tests, because I've learned to lie from the best. Life is a fight. They never really listen because they never f**king cared. The way I feel inside they could never f**king hear. All they wanna know about is your insurance card. The pain I've kept inside just made me f**king strong. I never found a place I felt I fit. I never met someone who gave a s**t. but I believe in what we f**king got, and now's our chance to set it off. Let's take a stand against feeling lost, this is our chance to set it off. You'll never take me alive, because we're already dead. You'll never take me alive, because we're already dead inside.
My favorite song changes a lot depending on different things that happen in my life, but I would have to say that this is my all-time favorite. The lyrics are very meaningful to me, because they really describe the angry hateful person I’ve managed to defeat within myself. I’m still angry about a lot of things, hence the reason I like the angry tone (you should hear it), but it also has a kind of hope and inspiration to it. I can listen to this song and think, ‘Yeah, this sucks and this sucks and this sucks, but it’s ok. Life moves on. It’s time to move past the bad feelings.’ I have my tougher days, but without my music I wouldn’t have anything at all.

Yes, music can help us work through all sorts of things...I like that you've keyed in to the optimism involved despite the struggle.
ReplyDelete